Hello from the UK

Här diskuteras allt som inte passade i de andra områdena, men som berör den prehospitala akutsjukvården.

Moderator: Wernvik

UKAdmin
Kontakt:

Hello from the UK

Inlägg av UKAdmin » 20/12 2010 16:29

Hello!

I'm sure I have put this in the wrong section, but I'm afraid I have no Norwegian at all. I have been viewing the site via Google Translate without much success. I'll attempt to attach a translation of this post below.

Anyway, I'm the owner and administrator of the UK Ambulance Forum which is linked from your home page, Kenneth joined the forum a little while back and told me about your forum here so I thought I'd register and say hello.

Like many of you in the Scandinavian countries I am a nurse and paramedic, in the UK that makes me rather unusual where the bulk of pre hospital staff are paramedics only. Nurses are still quite rare on ambulances in the UK.

My apologies for posting in English and also for whatever Google does to your language in the translation.
Hei!

Jeg er sikker på at jeg har lagt dette i feil avdeling, men jeg er redd jeg har ikke noe norsk i det hele tatt. Jeg har vært inne på nettstedet via Google Translate uten særlig suksess. Jeg skal forsøke å legge ved en oversettelse av dette innlegget nedenfor.

Uansett, jeg er eier og administrator av Storbritannias Ambulanse Forum som er koblet fra din hjemmeside, ble Kenneth forumet en liten stund tilbake og fortalte meg om forumet her så jeg tenkte jeg skulle registrere og si hei.

Som mange av dere i de skandinaviske landene jeg er en sykepleier og paramedic, i Storbritannia som gjør meg temmelig uvanlig der hoveddelen av pre sykehuspersonale er paramedics bare. Sykepleiere er fortsatt ganske sjeldne på ambulanse i Storbritannia.

Min unnskyldninger for oppslaget i engelsk og også for hva Google gjør med språket i oversettelsen.

Användarvisningsbild
webmaster
Sajt Admin
Kontakt:

Re: Hello from the UK

Inlägg av webmaster » 20/12 2010 18:59

Moved to this section. Seems more proper.

UKAdmin
Kontakt:

Inlägg av UKAdmin » 20/12 2010 19:25

Thank you!

UKAdmin
Kontakt:

Inlägg av UKAdmin » 25/12 2010 17:34

Happy Christmas fra alle i UK Ambulanse Forum!

Bommen

Inlägg av Bommen » 9/1 2011 15:57

Hello there, and welcome to our website. I hope you enjoy it, can we apply to join the british one aswell?
Bommen

UKAdmin
Kontakt:

Inlägg av UKAdmin » 10/1 2011 0:29

Bommen skrev:Hello there, and welcome to our website. I hope you enjoy it, can we apply to join the british one aswell?
Bommen
Thank you for the welcome, you are more than welcome to join in over on UKA. Kenneth has a link to the forum on the front page of this site.

kruth

Inlägg av kruth » 12/1 2011 9:23

Hello UKAdmin
How long is the British paramedic training?
Ps
Btw we are Swedish, not Norwegian.
Cheers

UKAdmin
Kontakt:

Inlägg av UKAdmin » 13/1 2011 22:52

kruth skrev:Hello UKAdmin
How long is the British paramedic training?
Ps
Btw we are Swedish, not Norwegian.
Cheers

Kruth, thank you for telling me, my apologies for the mistake. :oops:

Currently paramedic training in the UK varies depending on the pathway chosen. There are University courses that vary from 2 to 3 years, there is an Open University course that can be completed in around 4 years.

kruth

Inlägg av kruth » 14/1 2011 15:09

uaow,thats really long.

UKAdmin
Kontakt:

Inlägg av UKAdmin » 14/1 2011 19:37

Would I be right in thinking that most of your paramedics are also nurse qualified?

Bommen

Inlägg av Bommen » 24/1 2011 8:40

Hi again.
You´re absolutly right, You can´t get a job as a swed. paramedic unless you´re a qualified nurse since a long time ago. They took away the possibilaty for unqualified nurses to handle drugs in nov. -05. I will join your website, it´s allways fun to compare our worksituation. (Might be some wrong spellings)
Take care.
Bommen

UKAdmin
Kontakt:

Inlägg av UKAdmin » 26/1 2011 0:50

Bommen skrev:Hi again.
You´re absolutly right, You can´t get a job as a swed. paramedic unless you´re a qualified nurse since a long time ago. They took away the possibilaty for unqualified nurses to handle drugs in nov. -05. I will join your website, it´s allways fun to compare our worksituation. (Might be some wrong spellings)
Take care.
Bommen

Hi Bommen,

It is quite different here in the UK, the bulk of ambulance clinicians are paramedics rather than nurses. Each is a registration in it's own right and the training is discreet to both, guys like me with both nurse and paramedic registration are very much in the minority. I think I was the first dual registered paramedic/nurse in my ambulance service and there still aren't many.

Skriv svar